As in Jewish custom, please do not send flowers
But do save a wing
from a wasp’s tail.
Her bite. Her buzz.
Place the music
inside a jar to play
for me when I am dead.
And if I am not
but merely sleeping
give to me the sting
inside my mouth.
Let it be playful
like a kiss.
For there is no earth
no way of falling.
And if I am merely dead
and no longer sleeping
do not send anything
but this.
from a wasp’s tail.
Her bite. Her buzz.
Place the music
inside a jar to play
for me when I am dead.
And if I am not
but merely sleeping
give to me the sting
inside my mouth.
Let it be playful
like a kiss.
For there is no earth
no way of falling.
And if I am merely dead
and no longer sleeping
do not send anything
but this.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home